This course is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and Nelson Technical Institute is accredited to teach it.
This course is designed to help Work and Income
clients gain employment. A requirement of
this course is that trainees must actively seek and try to gain employment as an outcome
This programme provides trainees with entry level skills and knowledge to gain employment in the Commercial Road Transport and allied industries.
This flexible self-paced learning, introductory course is made up of classroom theory, simulated practical and on-site practical and actual work experience.
Includes: Employment Skills, Core Driving Knowledge and Skills, Driversafe, Class 2, 4,or 3 & 5, First Aid, and one optional strand from below. Individual language, literacy and numeracy needs met with support.
Fixed entry courses, however some flexible entry will remain dependent on completions and early withdrawals.
8.30 am to 3.00 pm or 3.45 pm, with a 12:30 finish on Friday. This may vary for field work and work experience.
This 13 week programme is made up of self paced learning modules and includes a combination of classroom theory, simulated practical, and on site practical.
- Clients must have held their Full Class 1 licence for 6 months — this must be current.
- Clients must have good language, literacy and numeracy levels.
- Clients must have no serious criminal convictions or pending charges and have no serious driving charges that may prevent them gaining the programme's licences and endorsements.
- Clients must be able to pass a DL9 Licence Medical
- Machine Operating - F Endorsement and OSH certificate
- Heavy Endorsement - Wheels, Tracks and Rollers Endorsements
- Dangerous Goods / Loading - Dangerous Goods Endorsement and load and unload a goods service vehicle
- Passenger Endorsement (Small or Large)